About the Position
Established company in the ICT industry seeks and experienced Financial Manager/Senior Accountant for this challenging role. The purpose of the position will be to manage the day to day and accounting management activities of the company and its current and future subsidiaries. The incumbent will also be responsible for the preparation of financial reports that summarizing forecast the organisation's financial position, such as income statements, balance sheets, and analysis of future earnings or expenses.
- Prepare financial statements, business activity reports, and forecasts.
- Supervision employees within the department
- Review company financial reports and seek ways to reduce costs
- Coordinate and manage the annual budgeting and planning process for the organization with the CFO. Collating, preparing and interpreting reports, budgets, accounts, commentaries and financial statements.
- Undertaking strategic analysis and assisting with strategic planning.
- Controlling income, cash flow and expenditure.
- Liaising with managerial staff and other colleagues.
- Oversee monthly and quarterly assessments versus budgets and forecasts of organization's financial performance against budget, financial and operational goals.
- Oversee short and long-term financial and managerial reporting.
- Managing and coordinating day to day processing of accounts receivable and payable using Accounting software, producing reports as requested.
- Reconciling monthly activity, generating quarterly and year-end reports, and fulfilling all statutory tax related requirements.
- Administering and reconciling payroll and employee benefits and organizational insurance.
- Develop, maintain and monitor all accounting systems and procedures. Recommend and implement improvements.
- Prepare and facilitate the annual (and interim, if required) audit and be a liaison with all outside vendors.
- Manage Inventory and Client stock, from stock levels, to types and costing associated.
- Ensure that fixed assets are managed effectively.
- Maintain Good Corporate Governance, legislation and statutory requirements (BBBEE, GAAP etc.).
- Minute taking, writing up of the meetings and dissemination.
- Bcom Accounting; preferably CA(SA).
- Computer literacy MS Office, MS Query, including database structure.
- Accpac and VIP preferable.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- A minimum of 3 years within a Finance department.
- Manufacturing and costing.
- Commercial and Reserve Bank regulations.
- Knowledge and experience of accounting, payroll and inventory systems.
- Knowledge or background within the ICT Industry (advantageous).
- Confidentiality is crucial, pertaining to recruitment, compensation, and management of employees.
- Code 8 driver's license and own reliable vehicle.
- Thorough knowledge, experience and understanding within a Finance Department.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Accpac and VIP.
- Commercial awareness.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
- Ability to work in a fast pace and demanding environment.
- Good command of the English and Afrikaans language (verbal and written).
- Resilience, tenacity, problem solving, and analytical ability.
- Enthusiastic and ability to work under pressure.
- Teamwork, tolerance and adaptability.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and excellent time management.
- Ability to learn and work independently.
- Ability to identify new requirements timeously.
- Represent the organization positively.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Passion for constant improvement.
- Assertive, Patience and Endurance.
- Competitive nature and self-motivated.
- Be presentable, well-spoken, honest, trustworthy, reliable and diplomatic.
If you have not received any feedback by 10 February 2017, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Cost and Management