About the Position
The Financial Manager will report directly into an ex-pat SA Managing Director and will partner him together with the Operations Manager in managing the financial and commercial functions of theb usiness.
Key performance areas, inter alia ,include:
- Manage the Financial Department (Fin Accountant, Management Accountant, Costing Clerk,Debtors, Creditors, Cashbook, Supply Chain Clerk) who are all reasonably well educated Nigerians with a very willing attitude but nevertheless needs very close guidance, namely, mentoring and motivating to optimise work flow and work output.
- As the previous Financial Manager was appointed when there were no systems and management information in place, there is still a huge need for the creation of meaningful management information so as the MD can make the correct commerciala nd business decisions.
- The candidate will also be working closely with the MD in meeting with very large Suppliers and Customers to negotiate yearly contracts and other relevant business requirements.
- Directly deal with all the local Banks especially in respect of LC's and FEC's as forex is a large part of the business due to imports of all raw material as well as maintenance spares and parts noting that the export arm is being developed.
- In addition, deal with the local Statutory Authorities which will include partnering Deloittes Tax Partner in presenting local taxes.
- MonthlyManagement Accounts - Company uses SysPro but not all the modules are operating and therefore Excel Spreadsheets are used extensively including for manufacturing costing information and reporting.
- Hyperion is used to send the monthly management information to Head Office in SA.
- Prepare monthly PowerPoint Presentations for EXCO and supported by Excel Spreadsheets.
- Deal with the Internal Auditors where there is a quarterly E&Y e-Compliance Report that needs to be completed and which will be analysed and reported on.
- Manage the full manufacturing costing function which will include ongoing updates of standards for the Standard Costing System and as each business transaction is a separate job, each has to be analysed in terms of profitability, margins, WIP,etc.
- The MD would like the candidate to advise on material variances in the factory and other relevant manufacturing information.
- Manage Supply Chain as well as IT infrastructure which will include further refinement of existing Information Systems (SysPro and Excel Reports).
- This will result in ongoing continuous improvement as the MD would like another dimension to the management information being produced.
- The usual Annual Budget and ongoing Forecast together with Cashflow and Working Capital Management as well as Annual Audit has to be managed and completed timeously.
- A financial qualification which can be CA, CTA, B. Comm. or CiMA and ideally (if not CiMA qualified) which includes cost and management accounting as the candidate must come from a manufacturing background with indepth understanding of factory manufacturing and its associated costing components.
- Superior inter-personal and staff management skills and if the candidate has worked in an ex-pat African environment, this would certainly give greater credibility to the application.
- Naturally,the candidate will have proven financial management experience at a senior level, indepth IT and associated systems literacy, an understanding of a foreign exchange environment, knowledge of IFRS and other relevant technical financial information.
- As the candidate will be partnering the MD, therefore will need strong commercial understanding, negotiation skills and must be able to operate in a multi-cultural environment and be culturally sensititive.
Apply on-line or alternatively phone Gerald Lilian on Contact Number.
Be advised that if you do not receive a response within two weeks from date of submission of your CV, then please deem your application as unsuccessful.
COST & MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING
INDEPTH IT AND SYSTEMS LITERACY
From MANUFACTURING or ENGINEERING Background
FOREIGN EXCHANGE ENVIRONMENT
About The Employer
Based in one of the major cities in Nigeria,this 2-3 year renegotiable ex-pat contract is being offered by one of the major JSE listed Groups whose Group Revenue and Group Profitability continues to grown otwithstanding the difficult economic climate being experienced nationally andi nternationally. This Company was established in Nigeria in the mid 2000's and is currently turning over in the region of US$ 30 million and employs approx. 100 permanent Staff as well as Contract and Temporary Staff. The current ex-pat incumbent has been with the Company for 5½ years and is returning to SA to educate his child in a South African Secondary School (previously was educated at one of the two US Private Schools - both of which have excellent reputations). This Company is a classic manufacturing operation with a factory that is machine driven and that uses Standard Costing as well as Job Costing as revenue is driven on a contract and job basis.
Employer & Job Benefits
SCHOOLING (if necessary)
TRIPS BACK TO SA